Saturday, March 04, 2006

POOR GUY

Ally's brother, Coby has been living with us for the past couple of months before he goes back to Florida for his first FULL season as a professional baseball player. This is his last weekend with us, so his girlfriend, Nicole, decided to fly in and spend a few days with him before he heads off.

Now let me define bad luck and bad timing. I have known Coby for around 6 years and have NEVER seen him sick.

Nicole flew in Wednesday night, Coby has been sick the entire time. I don't just mean a small cough and a stomach ache - I'm talking "hasn't been able to eat or drink for two-and-a-half days" sick. We took him to a CareNow clinic tonight and were the last ones to leave the place. He was given a shot of some potent drug that I can't even begin to pronounce and is now sound asleep; I hope for the remainder of the night or we could be making a trip to the ER to get a couple of IV's pumped into his system.

Ally has taken a back seat of sorts to her brother as far as illness goes - LUCKILY she has had a wonderful past day and half. I feel like such a father already and Ally is 7 months away from giving birth. Thanks for the practice, Coby. I feel so bad for him because he has been looking forward to this weekend so much. I guess it will always be remembered but for reasons that he'd rather forget.

No comments: