Thursday, January 18, 2007

A West Coast Christmas!

Okay, everyone brace yourself...this might be the longest post in blogger history! You have already read about our Christmas in the big D...no, not Dallas, but Denver City. Now it is time to catch you up on the rest of the break. This year we packed up and spent our Christmas on the west coast. We flew into Oakland and then cruised on up to Reno to spend time with Coby. He has been greatly missed!! We spent a week in Reno and then topped off the trip with three days in San Francisco. There are no words that can justify the trip...it was good to be around family and friends. We even met some of "God's Angels" along the way who have been taking care of Coby for us;)! Here is a view of our trip in pictures.


Christmas day-the gang at the airport. We looked like we had decided to move to Reno.

Camden and her Uncle Coby. He hasn't seen her since she was a couple of days old. They really hit it off...I think she has him wrapped around her little finger; just like her Daddy;-)

Camden is all smiles...she loves this place!!

Momma and Camden singing and playing before Camden's bath.


Our first two days we skied at Boreal. It was FREEZING and the wind was blowing 100 mile/ hour (I am not exaggerating!) The mountain closed early both days because of wind. You can't tell in this picture, but we have all just dunked our faces in the snow. BURR!

Cory, my Dad and me on the lift FREEZING!

My brothers with some random mountain man...just kidding...that is Jay. He was the warmest out of us all.

The last two days we skied at the big mountain...Northstar, Lake Tahoe. It was amazing! You could see Lake Tahoe at the top of the mountain. The weather was much better and the skiing was awesome. Here is Jay and I before going up the mountain.

Tia and Lance...two of the Angels that I mentioned earlier. I am so thankful that Coby had such an amazing family to stay with and who took care of us. We all got along great! Randi and I decided that Tia was our long lost sister. We love you Barteks and are very thankful for all you have done! Lance is Tia's boyfriend who is a professional snowboarder. We had fun watching him...I am sure that he was entertained watching us come down the mountain.

My Daddy and I taking a quick nap in the lodge on our lunch break. I have definitely gotten older! I would never had thought of taking a break in the middle of the day.

Sam, Coby, Jay and I in the Northstar village!

The family in the village.

When we were leaving Reno, we pulled over to take some pictures of God's Glory. It was so beautiful! This is a picture looking through the trees at Lake Tahoe.

The Ocheskey's in the snow! We got Camden out to take a picture on the way out of town. The weather finally was warm enough to let her get out and about. She wasn't too impressed. She was wondering why we woke her up to freeze her little tush off;)

After leaving Reno, we headed to San Francisco for a couple days. This is a picture of us driving into town on the famous Lombard Street.

Coming across the Golden Gate Bridge.

New's Years in San Fran. We ate at a really good sushi restaurant called Sushi Rock in China Town!

China Town

Jay and Camden showing off their China Town hats!

Little Miss Camden in her New Year's outfit...her little shirt has rhinestones on it that say Shining Star!

Camden playing with Gram. She was such a good sport throughout the whole trip!

Camden got to meet her Aunt Bunnie for the first time. This is my mamaw's sister.

Alcatraz. The Alcatraz tour was one of our favorite things that we did. I took this picture from the tour boat as we were leaving the island.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. I am sitting on the bench with my box o' chocolate and my feet in Forest's shoes.

One of the cool porta-potties in S.F. You have to pay a quarter to go in and use it. We put in a quarter and all piled in to look inside. We are definitely tourists!

"Looking" at the sites on one of the S.F trollies!

Saying goodbye to S.F.

Camden was a perfect little traveler!

4 comments:

mamao-nonna said...

What an AWESOME Trip!! I'm so glad that you were able to post the pics! I've been looking forward to seeing them!~

Thanks for sharing! Loved 'em!!!!
Nonna

andydawn said...

Mason is ready to meet miss Camden. Looks like a great time. I love skiing. Call when you get a chance to catch up :)

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

i swear, that little girl gets cuter and cuter by the day!!!! i miss her.

campers said...

Those pics are too cute! Saw your momma last night! Enjoyed catching up with her! I miss y'all! Coby looks so good in the pics! Give him a hug for me....and Camden a kiss! Love you!