Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Camden Jaye Ocheskey

It's a Girl!!
I am sorry that I didn't update last night, but I was emotionally and physically drained. We found out yesterday, at the doctor, that we are having a baby girl! Jay was still grinning this morning when he left for school...he is so proud! I never thought that I was a "girlie" mom, but now I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. Her name is going to be Camden Jaye Ocheskey. I came up with this name along time ago, but I thought that I liked it for a boy. When I told Jay, he said he liked it better for a girl and I agreed. We got the name Jaye obviously from her daddy, but changed the spelling a little to make it more of a girls name. I have always liked the name Jaye for a girl (there was the cutest little girl that used to come to the pool that I lifeguarded at.)

The sonogram was so interesting. We got to see almost every part of her sweet little body. We got to see her femurs, kidneys, brain, liver, stomach, etc. They check for all sorts of things during this appointment (downs, spinalbifia, etc.) The doctor said that everything looks really good.
After the doctors appointment, Jay and I went to Outback to celebrate. The waitress probably thought we were either crazy or rude, because we were both on our phone most of dinner. We had lots of family to call;) I felt like I had just gotten engaged again...everytime you call someone, you tell the story over! With each person that I talked too, I got more and more excited. Every person that I called, screamed when I told them it was a girl. My face hurt from smiling by then end of the night
.
I told my class this morning what it was. I took a vote yesterday on whether they thought it was a boy or girl (girl=4, boy=18). I think I seriously upset some of the kids when I told them that it was a girl. All the little girls screamed and the boys were actually kind of mad. It was funny.
I am already planning to go to a new scrapbook store to start Camden's baby book. I have been waiting patiently (sort of) so that I knew what color paper to start buying. I already have all sorts of ideas...I spent most of the morning on line looking up page ideas.

Now that we know its a girl, the fun just begins. We can start registering, working on the nursery, and of course buying cute girl things. I think that Camden is going to be spoiled rotten...both Jay and I have lots of boys in our families (Aunt Thompson pointed that out to me last night;) I have already been working hard on what I want the nursery to look like. I want it to be a girls room, but not scream GIRL.

I am starting to feel a LOT better. I only get sick when I am really hungry. My back is starting to ache, but I am not complaining...at least I am not best buddies with the toilet. Last night, I think that I might have felt her kick for the first time. I am not sure, but I still got excited!!! On Thursday, I will post the pictures that we got from the doctor.

Lots of Love!

9 comments:

campers said...

I really couldn't sleep last night! I called your mom and screamed with her some more!!!! I am sooo excited! I can't wait to go shopping with you!!! We went last night and bought her something and it is so fun buying girly things!!!!!I'll send it today! Love y'all!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO, we need to plan a shower soonn!

ThePoeFam said...

How fun to 'think pink!' I'm excited for you both and can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl....and what a precious name you decided on!!! Congratulations! :)

Hollie Reese said...

I am so excited! Riley will have a little friend!!!

hejlyeah said...

Awww! Cooper and Camden Hejl sounds awesome. I'm SO excited for you guys! Woo-hoo!

Mav_Mom said...

We are all so excited (Cory and Cam were hoping for a boy) Dad is ready to go buy something right now! I can't wait to start working on the her room!
Love,
Cheryl

The Floydster said...

YEAH, BABY!!! Let's hear it for Miss Camden Jaye Ocheskey! How dang exciting is this!?! So glad to hear that you're no longer best buds with the toilet, Ally. I'll start hunting for some really cool California baby clothes for her. Jay - I love you, too, Buddy!

Anne

swatterson said...

Yay! How fun. I know you're so excited. Girl stuff is soooo much cuter than boy stuff! Congratulations mom!

BTW - Hejlyeah has it wrong....it's Chase and Camden Watterson. Sounds good!

mamao-nonna said...

Camden Jaye Ocheskey - what a beautiful GIRL!! Not much of a chance that she will be GIRL-Y though. She'll be in a family of sports enthusiasts - ALL of us!!!!!
I believe that she will be the best little girl athlete that the metroplex has ever seen....little golf clubs and maybe even a little golf cart of her own to drive. (PopO and Nonna are already thinking of great ways to SPOIL her! And that's just 2 of us!)
Glad that you are feeling better every day! Now send us some pics!!
Love all of you!
MamaO-Nonna