Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Crayton's Story...part 1

Ch.1: The Morning Of

On August 17th, we spent the morning being lazy and laying around in bed.  We were trying to enjoy the last couple of hours as a family of 4!  Around 9:30, we got up and started getting ready.  We did some last minute packing and then started saying our goodbyes.  I was extremely emotional telling my girls bye... they however were more concerned about spending time with their grandparents and figuring out what was for breakfast.

Lil' Big Sis helping us with some last minute packing.

Our last picture as a Family of 4! 
*Please ignore my super fat face!

On the way to the hospital, Jay and I talked about what it was going to be like to have a little boy added to the mix, how fun it was going to be having three little ones at home, things we were excited about, things we were nervous about, etc.  It was good to have a little bit of time to ourselves.

Ch. 2: Getting Ready

When we got to the hospital, we checked in and I was admitted.  We went through all the questions and pre-op procedures and then did a lot of sitting!  The longer we sat, the more nervous I became.  Even though it had been a little over a year since my last c-section, I had forgotten how things went and I was becoming very anxious...

Sitting and waiting... 

Ch. 3: Meanwhile...

While we were waiting to be taken to the operating room, our family was arriving.  We are so blessed to have so many special people that wanted to share in this special day!  Everyone was finding ways to stay busy and to help pass the time...
Nonna & Cambo 

Lil' Big Sis & Big Sis waiting "patiently"

My beautiful big girl!

Pops keeping Braelynn entertained!

Ch. 4: It's Baby Time!

After waiting for what seemed like FOREVER, it was FINALLY time to have the baby!!  They wheeled me back first to give me my epidural.  I'm not sure why they insist on you being the only one in the operating room, since that is one of the worst parts.  It took the doctor forever to get my epidural in...he said my muscles were really tight around the back bone, so they poked me four different times.  YUCK!!  Finally they let Jay into the room and Dr. Neal came in to start the c-section.  Before Dr. Neal started, he let me know that my iron and blood count was extremely low.  He compared me to a gas tank and told me that I was only about of a fourth of a tank full.  He told me that after my c-section, I would be closer to an 1/8 of a tank full.  He also told me that there was a good chance I would need a blood transfusion after the surgery.  Honestly, the information went in one ear and out the other, because I felt just fine and I was ready to have the baby.  The c-section went well and soon we had our BEAUTIFUL baby boy.  I still felt pretty good after the surgery until I went into recovery, then it was downhill from there...

 Crayton Brooks Ocheskey
7 lbs 11 oz (BIG BOY!)

Daddy admiring his baby boy

Meeting Crayton... I was instantly in love!

First family picture (minus the girls)

Our AMAZING doctor!


Laura said...

congrats Mav! I am so happy for your family! Another precious addition, can't wait to meet Crayton! One of these days! LY!

Kara said...

He is gorgeous, just like your two girls! Hope you are feeling better and hope to see y'all soon! We love y'all!

*Kendra* said...

Holy cow! I had no idea we have the same doctor. I love, love, love Dr. Neal! He did my c-section with Cason. Fantastic! Crayton is precious!!!

annalee said...

what a handsome guy for your family! Congratulations!!!

Calista said...

He is just precious and glad to hear that the worst part is over and you are home enjoying your little man. God bless!!