Sunday, March 04, 2012

NAGA Tournament

Last weekend, I snuck away for a day, and drove up to OK City to watch Sam compete in his Jiu-Jitsu tournament.  I wasn't sure what to expect, and to be honest I was VERY nervous.  Sam has only been training for about 6 months.  He has been working very hard and this new passion, and continues to work his way through the different belts.  For this being his first ever tournament, he did awesome.  He went 1-3.  It was a lot of fun to watch!  I am so proud of Sam.


Sam greeting his fan club at the door!
1st match
And the winner is...SAM!  He won his first match ever 6-0!  SO EXCITING.
Talking to his coach after the match.
Big brother Coby was proud of Sam too!
A little tired!
Sam getting focused for his Gi division
Some of Sam's cheering section!
Gi division.  This dude was a BEAST & Brazilian (which in my opinion should be considered cheating since it's a Brazilian sport!) :o)


Dad, Sam and Mom
Sam and I...
I am SO proud of my "little" brother!  Keep working hard Sam!

No comments: