Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Edition of Getting To Know You!

I get one of these types of emails at least once a week. I love reading other peoples, but get tired of filling out my own. I thought that I would kill two birds with one stone...I will fill out my own and tag all of my blogger friends at the same time. You can copy it and paste it to your blog so I can get on and read yours!! DON'T BE A SCROOGE!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?sits them under the tree
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?White
4. Do you hang mistletoe?no..I don't need an excuse to kiss my honey!!
5. When do you put your decorations up?I like to the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I am a little behind with football playoffs and sweet Camden! Don't worry...I usually don't take them down until mid-January (just too lazy!)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?macaroni and cheese
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:the Christmas we our car broke down and we spent the night on the floor of the hotel bar...the weather was really bad and the hotel and bar with filled with stranded travelers. We eventually made it to Arkansas and had a wonderful Christmas.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? what do you mean???
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, but in Jay's family we do...

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?No theme on my big tree, but I have a smaller tree that I decorate with stars and crosses!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?Love it!!
12. Can you ice skate? Heck yeah! I specialize in the triple loop! ;0)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? ??? I can't remember my favorite gift, but I do LOVE stocking stuffers. I look forward to that every year!!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?The 3 fs...Family, Friends and Food
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I am not a big fan of desserts, but I love Donna's snickerdoodles!!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
the Christmas day breakfast...at my Daddy's house it is pigs-in-a-blanket and at my Mom's house it is steak, eggs and my Dad's famous coffee cake!!

17. What tops your tree?a rustic metal star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? BOTH...I love buying presents for people and wrapping them pretty, but I can't lie...I love getting presents!! Just ask my family ;0)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?O'Holy Night
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yummy!


Happy Holidays!!!

3 comments:

andydawn said...

I have received that email tons too!! I might have to do the same thing!

mamao-nonna said...

Very interesting... I'll be sure to bake plenty of snickerdoodles!

Laura said...

good idea Mav, I did that one too but didn't think of posting! I want to see more pics of the precious Camden! Love and miss you! Can't wait to see you soon!